Wax on Wednesdays Glad to Be Back and Holiday Ornaments !


After several hours  layered , bundled, and covered in confetti from the clowns , I got to see this little lady march by me in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. They all  left the hotel at 5:55 am on the subway in just their little costumes for Central Park , and they marched and then danced at Harold's Square for the tv performance portion of the parade. It was a wonderful week and once in a lifetime experience for all of the  dancers . We were able to have some quality mother daughter time sightseeing  in between rehearsals , and the week flew by before we knew it . 

Back in the studio , I wanted to do some sort of holiday ornament with  some of the  hand painted encaustic embedded rice papers that I am completely addicted to . Something simple to frame some of my favorite parts of each painting . When they are hung these little ornaments illuminate like little paper lanterns when placed on a twinkling lit tree. 




I did some with and some without  glitter. I am not a huge glitter fan , but I do enjoy a little sparkle on the Christmas tree. The glitter portion is completely optional . I did enjoy the look of the plain darkened annealed steel framed against the paper as well. I purchased the wire from Ace Hardware. 


If you would like to join me in exploring the wonderful world of creating these papers and a whole lot more , there is just 48 hours more to receive the 20% off Early Bird Registration for "Encausticology Paper Journey " online workshop ! 


To see all of the details for this workshop click 
Enter the code "encausticologypaper" to receive the 20% discount. 




Supplies I used this week :
encaustic painted rice papers
darkened annealed steel wire
"Yes" paste
extra fine glitter 
wire cutters
jewelers block ( Michaels)
hammer

If you would like to view this video directly on the Youtube channel click 
Also not too late to enter for the drawing for 1 free spot in Encausticology Paper Journey workshop ! I will be drawing the winner this Sunday December 4th. Simply leave a comment on the post . Also if you would like to share on Pinterest , Facebook , Twitter, Instagram etc etc I will enter you an additional  time for each share ! Please let me know where you shared so that I can enter you for each time in the drawing  :) 

Blessings,
Shari 

Popular Posts