Wax on Wednesdays A little Photo Encaustic Painting with PanPastels

This week a little photo encaustic painting with PanPastels. Most of the pigments I used this week are from the Landscape set of Pan Pastels plus a couple more of my favorites not included in that set.

With photo encaustic you can add a luminous dreamy look to your photography , highlight certain areas, add texture, color, or completely reinvent the photographic image which is what happened this week. I don't really know where it is going to go when I begin a piece . I paint until it makes me happy :)

In this case I began to fell in love with the colors and kept going. The magical thing is that I could print this image out multiple times and give it a completely different encaustic look each time .



Some of the supplies I used this week:








If you would like to view the video directly on the Youtube channel click

Happy Creating !

Popular Posts