Wax on Wednesdays Encaustic Painting Exploring Magazine Collage !

I found a great stack of Citra Solv papers in the studio the other day and remembered how fun they are to create ( although quite smelly :) . They are great messy fun which I am pretty sure at this point  is my favorite kind.  Collage is so fun to explore and with encaustic the possibilities of different styles and approaches to collage are endless. 

I had an entire day of fun with this one . Just letting go and exploring the paper . What will happen if... Sometimes it goes the way I believe it will. A lot of times I am delightfully surprised. The fun part is the willingness to turn that corner on a different path if that's where the wax wants to go. In this case sanding down some of the papers and creating some fun variances in the papers texture and color were quite satisfying . Enjoying the process as the  painting goes through all of the stages , some exciting , some a little out of control ( can I bring this one back and rein it in ? ) All part of the process , and all part of what brings me back to encaustic every day . 


Supplies I used this week :
This week I listed the 2 lb bag of encaustic medium because I see that the price went up on the 1 lb bag on Amazon. The 2 lb is still right in line with what I have seen on the art stores so that is the one I am posting for you :) 









To See the video directly on the Youtube channel click 

Encausticology Series Online Workshops 
You can join in the encaustic exploration at any time in the Encausticology Series of Workshops ! 
Encausticology Collage Journey 
Encausticology Image Exploration
Encausticology Paper Journey 
Encausticology 101
Encausticlology Paper Journey 2 
Encausticology Wax and Symbolism Exploring Encaustic Sculpture (begins February 12, 2018) 

all workshops are available on Sharireplogle.com

"Encausticology Paper Journey 2 In Luminous Light " 

Blessings,
Shari 

Popular Posts